Session 10 - Follow the instructions
Children find a space in the room
- Explain that music will be playing and the children must follow the commands, e.g., run, walk slowly/fast, jog, skip, hop, jump, twist, hopscotch, spotty dog, twist, stretching up, down, etc.
- Reinforce to not bump into one another, and keep changing direction.
- When the music stops, children are to hold a balanced shape of their choice for 3 seconds.
Mobility – Repeat each action 8 – 10 times, do not rush
- Head turns from side to side
- Shoulder rolls forward and backward
- Arm circles forward and backwards
- Swing arms up and down
- Swing arms from side to side
- Reach down right hand to left foot and Left hand to right foot
- Alternating leg lunges
Repeat as desired.