Problem 3 - Make The Shape
The objective is for the children to create a shape while blindfolded.
Get a piece of rope or strong string about 2 meters and tie the ends together, so it is a loop. The more players you have the longer the rope needed. You could improvise with dressing gown belts,
How to Play
- If there is only one child, then the parent will need to play.
- All players should be blindfolded.
- The two or more players should work together to create the first shape on the printout below.
- With the rope on the floor work together to make the shape, when you agree it is done, take your blindfold off to check the results.
Easier: One child plays on their own to make the shape.
Challenge: Child may not look at the shape, they must make it based on the name alone.
- Try a range of shapes, circle, square, diamond, triangle etc as in resource.
- If you have more than one child, make it competitive, so the first person to have the desired shape are the winners.