Problem 2 - Human Alphabet
- Children should move around the area, e.g. jogging, side steps, this could also be performed to music.
- Initially, pupils should work individually to replicate a letter called out.
- Start with simple letters such o, h, s.
- Children can perform the shape of the letter standing or lying on the floor, which ever way allows them to represent the letter best.
- Once children have got the idea, they can then perform letters on command in pairs or small groups.
Extension: Can they spell a short word for someone else to guess? If the child is on their own they will need to do this one letter at a time, if 2 or 3 children they can spell short words together.