Game 7 - Bear Game
Gather plenty of teddies and dolls! The parent will call out instructions which children need to respond to, mix up the commands to bring an element of surprise.
- To the cabin – Children must run to an area of the house labelled the cabin.
- To the woods – Children must run to an area of the house cabin labelled the woods.
- To the river – Children run to a different area of the hall labelled the river.
- Keeper’s coming – Children lie flat still on the floor. After this command, they cannot move until you call ‘All clear’ – even if you call another command.
- Climb the tree – On the spot children mimic climbing a tree until next command.
- Bear Crawl – On all fours crawling round like a bear until next command.
- Mummy Bear – Grab a teddy and put on your back and crawl around until next instruction.
- Swimming bears – Lie on tummy pretending to swim.
- ‘X number’ of bears eating honey (2 or 3, 4, 5 etc.) – Children grab teddies and dolls and sit down with them.
Adapt the instructions above to suit your needs.