Game 1 - Kings and Emperors
- Give each child a soft ball which they hold between their knees, this is their egg, and they must protect it.
- Play with your child or if more than 2 players, form teams of King Penguins or Emperor Penguins.
- Set up two nests for each penguin teams for e.g. a spot at each end of the lounge.
- Stand children at one end of working area.
- On ’go’, they must jump, holding the ball between their knees and make it to the other side.
- If they drop the ball en route, they must bring their ball back and start again.
- They must drop the ball from their knees to the target nest.
Extension: Change the type of ball e.g. bigger or use a balloon. Try a variety of objects such as pillows, teddies or loo rolls! If they are getting good, try and get them out by rolling a soft ball along the ground and hitting the feet or legs.